CIC is proud to announce our new CMP online application and submission process. With this new application process, you are no longer tied to specific application, registration or scheduling deadlines.
Now you can:
- Create and submit your certification application online.
- Track your continuing education activities.
- Upload supporting documentation (such as event registration information, resume, transcripts, etc.).
- Once your application is complete, you may submit it online AT ANY TIME.
- Once your application is approved, you may submit your exam fee AT ANY TIME (within your eligibility year).
- Once you’ve submitted your exam fee, you may schedule your exam for any available testing window AT ANY TIME (during your eligibility year). CIC administers the exam in 10-day testing windows in January, May, August and November.
If you’ve never created an online profile with CIC, click on the “Login” in the upper right-hand corner of www.conventionindustry.org then click the “Get Started” button and follow the prompts.
You already have an online account if you:
- Are currently CMP certified
- Were a CMP but you’ve expired
- Have ever applied to take the CMP
- Have taken the CMP exam and failed
If you had an account at in our old database the first time you login to the new online system you’ll need to reset your password. You can access your account directly at http://myaccount.conventionindustry.org
- Click “Forgot Your Password?”
- Enter the email associated with your CIC records and an email will be sent to you with instructions to proceed.
- If your email address has changed and is not the email associated with your CIC account, DO NOT CREATE A NEW RECORD. Instead, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call CIC at +1 571-527-3116 and speak with a customer service representative.
Once your password has been reset, you’ll use your email and your new password to access your online account.
Note: Starting February 1, 2015 CIC no longer accepts paper applications and all materials must be submitted online.