CIC is proud to announce our new CMP online application and submission process. With this new application process, you are no longer tied to specific application, registration or scheduling deadlines.
Now you can:
- Create and submit your certification application online.
- Track your continuing education activities.
- Upload supporting documentation (such as event registration information, resume, transcripts, etc.).
- Once your application is complete, you may submit it online AT ANY TIME.
- Once your application is approved, you may submit your exam fee AT ANY TIME (within your eligibility year).
- Once you’ve submitted your exam fee, you may schedule your exam for any available testing window AT ANY TIME (during your eligibility year). CIC administers the exam in 10-day testing windows in January, May, August and November.
If you’ve never created an online profile with CIC, click on the “Login” in the upper right-hand corner of www.conventionindustry.org then click the “Get Started” button and follow the prompts.
You already have an online account if you:
- Are currently CMP certified
- Were a CMP but you’ve expired
- Have ever applied to take the CMP
- Have taken the CMP exam and failed
If you had an account at in our old database the first time you login to the new online system you’ll need to reset your password. You can access your account directly at http://myaccount.conventionindustry.org
- Click “Forgot Your Password?”
- Enter the email associated with your CIC records and an email will be sent to you with instructions to proceed.
- If your email address has changed and is not the email associated with your CIC account, DO NOT CREATE A NEW RECORD. Instead, please contact email@example.com or call CIC at +1 571-527-3116 and speak with a customer service representative.
Once your password has been reset, you’ll use your email and your new password to access your online account.
Note: Starting February 1, 2015 CIC no longer accepts paper applications and all materials must be submitted online.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I can’t login to my account, how do I reset my password?
Click here to reset your password. (You will need to know which email is associated with your account.)
I can’t remember the email I used for my account or I no longer have access to that email address. How can I log in?
STOP!! DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. Please call CIC at 571-527-3116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long does it take to be notified regarding approval of my online CMP exam or recertification application?
Please allow 6-8 weeks from receipt, depending on volume, for your review to be completed. Your review results will be emailed to you and will include next steps.
When are the exams offered?
In 2016, the CMP exam is offered January 21-30, May 6-15, August 5-14 and November 4-13.
When is my application due?
Anytime! We have moved to rolling applications and will accept them at any time. Once your application has been approved, you have one year to pay your exam fee and schedule your exam.
How do I schedule an exam?
Once approved, go to your online account to pay the exam fee. You will then be directed to Prometric to schedule your specific exam date and time.
How long does it take to know if I officially passed the CMP exam?
You will be given your official results immediately after you complete the test.
What do I need to do if I need to reschedule my examination?
To reschedule an exam, please contact Prometric directly via phone or online. There is a rescheduling fee of $75.00 each time you reschedule an appointment. Please see the CMP Handbook for detailed information on rescheduling the exam.