You may apply for the CMP at any time. Once approved,
you have one year to take and pass the CMP exam before you have to
reapply. Eligible applicants are notified via email from CIC. Candidates
have one (1) year from the time that they are notified of their
eligibility to pay the exam fee and take and pass the examination.
Your application must be submitted online. Your first step is to create an online account where you can document your continuing education activities and your professional experience.
You already have an online account if you:
- Were a CMP but you’ve expired
- Have ever applied to take the CMP
- Have taken the CMP exam and failed
If you had an account in our old system the first time you login to the new online system
you’ll need to reset your password. You can access your account directly
- Click “Forgot Your Password?”
- Enter the email associated with your CIC records and an email will be sent to you with instructions to proceed.
- If your email address has changed and is not the email associated with your CIC account, DO NOT CREATE A NEW RECORD. Instead, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call CIC at +1 571-527-3116 and speak with a customer service representative.
Once your password has been reset, you’ll use your email and your new password to access your online account.
The CMP certification program is a two-part
process in which you must complete the CMP application to demonstrate
your eligibility, and then successfully pass a written examination
covering the functions performed in meeting management.
CMP exam is offered at secure testing centers four times a year
(January, May, August and November) during 10-day testing windows.
Prometric, CIC's testing agency offers more than 450 testing centers
around the world.