Beginning in January 2015, CIC's exam rescheduling and cancellation policies have changed. During your eligibility year, you may reschedule your appointment as often as you need to by contacting Prometric directly. You are no longer required to contact CIC as well.
Exam Rescheduling Policy
You may reschedule your exam appointment at any time during your eligibility year. Rescheduling must be done by 12:00 PM US Eastern Time, five (5) business days prior to the exam date. If you choose to reschedule your appointment there is a $75 rescheduling fee each time you reschedule. To reschedule an exam appointment contact Prometric at www.prometric.com/CIC (preferred method) or call (see table below).
Exam Cancellation Policy
Your $450 exam fee is non-refundable. If you cancel your appointment, you must reschedule your appointment within your eligibility year and pay a $75 rescheduling fee each time you reschedule. Those who do not reschedule or do not appear on the day of the exam will forfeit their exam fee.
Exceptions to the Cancellation Policy
CIC recognizes that serious issues may arise that could prevent a candidate from taking their exam on the scheduled day:
- Serious illness or disabling injury—either you or an immediate family member (spouse, child, parent, etc.)
- Death in the immediate family (spouse, child, parent, etc.)
- Court appearance or jury duty
- Unexpected military duty call-up
- Civil disobedience or acts of terrorism/war
A candidate who fails to appear for a scheduled exam appointment due to one of the reasons listed above must submit the reason for failing to appear in writing to CIC and Prometric within fourteen (14) calendar days following the scheduled exam date. The written request must be accompanied by meaningful documentation supporting the claim. Upon review of the written request and accompanying documentation, you will be permitted to schedule a new appointment without paying the rescheduling fee. Those who do not reschedule their appointment within their eligibility year will forfeit the $450 exam fee. Acceptable forms of documentation are:
- Serious illness or disabling injury: Doctor’s note, emergency room admittance, etc., with the date of the medical visit. Must be signed by a licensed physician and include contact information for physician. It does not need to include details of the illness or emergency, but the doctor should indicate that the condition prevented the candidate from testing.
- Death in the immediate family: Death certificate or doctor’s note. Must be signed by a licensed doctor or mortician and include contact information.
- Court appearance or jury duty: Court or jury summons, subpoena. Must include date and specifically include name of the candidate.
- Military duty: Duty letter. Must include date and specifically name the candidate.
For injuries and illnesses to be considered acceptable, documentation must prove that the onset of the injury and/or condition occurred 24 hours BEFORE the candidate’s scheduled exam date.
CIC reserves the right to request further evidence to support the reason for failing to appear.
A scheduled exam appointment will be delayed or canceled only in emergencies. If severe weather or a natural disaster makes the testing center inaccessible or unsafe, the exam appointment will be cancelled. If a testing center has been affected, candidates will be contacted by Prometric via email and/or phone. Candidates can also call a Prometric Regional Center.
| Americas || |
|Latin America |
|M-F 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET |
|+1-443-751-4995 || |
|North America ||M-F 8 a.m.-8 p.m. ET ||1-800-699-4975 |
| Asia Pacific || |
|Australia ||Mon-Fri 8:30-17:00 GMT +10:00 ||+603-76283333 || |