Emeritus status is an honorary status CIC bestows on those who have been actively certified and then retire from the field. This allows you to keep your designation although you are no longer working in the meetings industry and therefore are unable to meet recertification requirements.
Retired CMPs may qualify to receive Emeritus status if they meet all of the following requirements:
- Are at least 59.5 years of age
- Are a CMP in good standing (e.g., not lapsed or expired) and have held your CMP for at least 10 consecutive years
- Retired from full-time employment in the meetings industry (e.g., you cannot work more than 20 hours per week for compensation)
To apply for Emeritus status, please send a letter to CIC stating
- Why you want to keep your CMP
When you retired and from what position
Contact information of your last employer (CIC reserves the right to contact former employers to verify your retirement)
Your application must include
- Emeritus status request fee of $200 USD
- Proof of age (e.g., government-issued ID)
Emeritus status has no expiration date and this status will be listed on the CMPs record in the online directory.
Please click the link to download the Emeritus Application.