The Convention Industry Council (CIC) has certified more than 14,000 meeting professionals since the program's inception and each year, that number grows. To apply for or recertify for the CMP designation, these professionals must participate in at least 25 hours of continuing education activities. If your organization offers continuing education that aligns with the CMP International Standards, CIC can help you reach this audience.
By becoming a CMP Preferred Provider, you have the ability to showcase your education as well as provide your attendees with a streamlined process to track their CMP CE hours.
See the full list of Preferred Providers.
What is a CMP Preferred Provider?
CMP Preferred Providers are organizations that have formally registered with the Convention Industry Council (CIC) and are committed to providing education that aligns with one of the 9 domains included in the CMP International Standards (CMP-IS). The CMP- IS domains are: Strategic Planning, Project Management, Risk Management, Financial Management, Human Resources, Stakeholder Management, Meeting or Event Design, Site Management, and Marketing.
Why should I become a CMP Preferred Provider?
Becoming a CMP Preferred Provider reflects your organization’s commitment to providing education that helps individuals earn or maintain the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) certification.
As a CMP Preferred Provider you receive the following benefits:
- Approved education events will be listed on the exclusive directory of CMP Preferred Providers on the CIC website with a direct link to register.
- Marketing copy and program logos that can be used on marketing materials.
- Promotion of all CMP Preferred Providers will be included in the monthly CMP Today enewsletter as well as in other CIC marketing materials.
- Ability to load your attendance lists directly into the attendee's CMP online profiles, making applying
for the CMP exam and recertification a breeze!
| Total |
| Annual Plan |
| Tier A: 4-15 |
| $350 |
| Tier B: 16-50 |
| $500 |
| Tier C: 51-100 |
| $750 |
| Tier D: 100-250 |
| $1,000 |
| Tier E: 250+ |
| $1,500 |
| Single sessions (a la carte)** |
| $200 |
| Additional single sessions (up to 3) |
| $50/session |
| CIC does not review sessions that have already taken place |
*all fees are non-refundable
**Single sessions include a one-time annual processing fee
How to become a CMP Preferred Provider today! Easy as 1-2-3!
- Submit your application for CMP Preferred Provider Program identifying your chosen pricing tier.
- If all qualifications are met you will receive an approval letter, CMP Preferred Provider logos and Review Form. You may submit review forms at any time during your approval year. Sessions must be submitted at least 6-8 weeks in advance of the event. (Organizations have an option for a "rush review," which takes 5 weeks or less -- see Program Policies for more details.)
- Receive your review form back with eligible sessions. You may use the CMP Pre-Check logo next to any approved sessions. Your event will be listed on the CIC website as approved education for CMPs. At the completion of your event, upload a confirmed attendee list.
CMP Preferred Provider Program Policies
CMP Preferred Provider FAQs for Organizations
CMP Preferred Provider Application