FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Karen Kotowski, CAE, CMP
CIC Endorses PCMA’s CMP® Online Prep™ Course as the Only Official Online Course for the CMP® Examination
CHICAGO, IL, May 13, 2009 – The Professional Convention Management Association’s (PCMA’s) Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) Online Prep Course is the most comprehensive and effective online study tool available to CMP Exam takers. In fact, 98% of course participants have passed the CMP Exam on their first attempt.
The Certified Meeting Professional designation is a registered trademark of and is administered by the Convention Industry Council (CIC).
“As the administrator of the CMP Examination, the CIC is excited to endorse PCMA’s CMP Online Prep Course as the official study course for the exam because it’s had such a great, proven success rate at preparing candidates for exam day,” said Kimberly Miles, CMP, 2009 Chair, CMP Board of Directors.
“We’re confident that PCMA’s course is the best CMP online study option in the industry,” said Deborah Sexton, PCMA President and CEO. “The course is designed to deliver the knowledge needed to pass the exam, completely online and available 24/7. With the time constraints faced by today’s meetings professionals, this flexibility—combined with the exceptional, up-to-date content—makes PCMA’s course an ideal choice for potential CMPs.”
PCMA’s CMP® Online Prep™ Course
PCMA’s CMP Online Prep Course addresses topics presented on the rigorous CMP® Examination through a 23-module interactive course.
- Self-Assessment Inventory with immediate feedback on strengths and areas for improvement
- Pretest and Posttest for each module with immediate feedback
- Overview and learner outcomes included with all 23 modules
- Specific and relevant reading assignments from each of the three recommended texts: CIC Manual, Eighth Edition; CIC International Manual, First Edition; and PCMA’s Professional Meeting Management, Fifth Edition (PMM5)—a leading educational text for meetings professionals
- Comprehensive PowerPoint study outline to guide participants through the course material
- Two timed practice exams following the course that replicate the actual CMP® Examination in terms of length and number of test items
- Additional section with expert tips on studying and preparing for exam day
- Upon completion of the course, participants earn seven CEUs
The online course is just $299 for PCMA members; $399 for non-members; and $249/participant for groups of three or more from the same organization. For more information, please visit pcma.org/CMP. Groups should call Jenna Bishop at 312-423-7263 to obtain the special group rate.
More Study Solutions
In addition to the online course, PCMA offers a wealth of other solutions to help potential CMPs prepare for the exam, including:
- PCMA Online Learning Center: Includes a complimentary CMP application presentation. Plus, CEUs can be earned from archived online educational sessions.
- Ultimate CMP® Study Package: Includes CIC Manual, Eighth Edition; CIC International Manual, First Edition; and Professional Meeting Management, Fifth Edition
- PCMA CMP® Study Course™: Designed for those interested in facilitating a study group. Groups adopting the PCMA CMP® Study Course™ materials receive access to portions of the online course and can purchase the CMP Online Prep Course at a discounted rate.
- PCMA CMP® CRAM Course™: Pre-exam and last minute study session on Jan. 8 at the 2010 PCMA Annual Meeting in Dallas.
- CMP® Exam Jan. 9 at the 2010 PCMA Annual Meeting in Dallas: CMP candidates can take the exam on Jan. 9 and then stay for the PCMA Annual Meeting, which begins Jan. 10.
PCMA partnered with the Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau to bring this relevant tool to meeting professionals.
To learn more about all of PCMA’s CMP study resources or sign-up for the CMP Online Prep Course, visit the PCMA Web site at pcma.org/CMP.
To learn more about the CIC and the CMP designation, please visit www.conventionindustry.org
# # #
The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) is the professional resource and premier educator for the meetings and convention industry. Founded in 1957, PCMA represents the interests of meeting management executives from associations, non-profit organizations, corporations, independent meeting planning companies, and multi-management firms who recognize the importance of meetings to their organization. PCMA empowers members with the tools they need to succeed as meeting professionals and to promote the value of the industry to their organizations and the general public. Headquartered in Chicago, PCMA has 16 chapters throughout the United States and Canada. For additional information, please visit the PCMA Web site at www.pcma.org.
The Convention Liaison Council was founded in 1949 by four organizations to facilitate the exchange of information within the meetings, conventions, and exhibitions industry. Now the Convention Industry Council, the organization has grown to include 34 member organizations. CIC's members represent more than 103,500 individuals and 17,300 firms and properties involved in the meetings, conventions and exhibitions industry. CIC maintains two signature programs, the CMP Designation and APEX both of which continue to grow and provide value to the convention industry and the hospitality field. Additional information on the Convention Industry Council can be found at www.conventionindustry.org.